Working long, crazy schedules and having to leave early in the morning – we are sure a lot of you have to deal with this every work day of the week. Unfortunately, our busy schedule is often our excuse not to eat right, our excuse to stop at the drive-thru and to order a not-so-good-for-us breakfast sandwich with sausage and a fried potato. Even worse, our excuse to not even eat at all.
Being passionate about healthy food, real food, we wanted to find super easy breakfast recipes that are not only good tasting and good for us but that could also support our bodies through the whole morning without feeling hungry until lunch. Extra points if those recipes could be prepared quickly and if they could be made the night before to save us time in the morning.
Well, overnight breakfasts meet perfectly all of the requirements above. A LOT of people come to us and ask us how is it possible to have time to eat healthy stuff all the time. Eating healthy everyday does not require much more time. It requires a genuine passion for real food – most of the time, willingness and ideas. And we have TONS of ideas!
Overnight breakfast are not only easy to make but are also practical as you can prepare them in a Mason jar and simply bring it to work the day after. How could we ask for any better?
That said, here are some of our favorite overnight breakfasts. Bon appétit !
#1 Peanut butter and coconut:
- Combine 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk + 1/3 oats + 4 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp quinoa + ¼ cup Greek yogurt in a Mason jar. Refrigerate overnight.
- Add 3 tbsp organic unsweetened shredded coconut + 1 tbsp natural peanut. Mix well and eat immediately.
#2 Spiced strawberry:
- Combine 1/3 cup oats + ½ almond milk or cashew milk + ½ tsp coconut sugar + 1 tbsp chia seeds + nutmeg, ground ginger & cinnamon to taste in a Mason jar. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut the strawberries in little pieces. Add them in the overnight oats and eat immediately.
#3 Blueberry-banana cashew cream:
- Combine 1/2 banana mashed + 1/2 cup oats + 1/3 cup almond milk + 1 tbsp chia seeds + 1 tbsp flaxseeds. Put the mix in a Mason jar.
- Combine in you blender 1/2 banana + 1/2 cup blueberries + 1 medjool date + 2 tbsp cashew nuts + 2-4 tbsp of cashew milk. Blend until totally smooth. Add on top of the mix in your Mason jar. Refrigerate overnight and eat it in the morning.
#4 Chocolate chia:
- Combine 1/2 banana mashed + 1/2 cup oats + 3/4 cup almond milk + 3 tbsp chia seeds + 2 tbsp flaxseeds + 2 tbsp raw cacao powder. Put the mix in a Mason jar. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add diced strawberries and/or organic shredded coconut.
*For all of those recipes, you can add your favorite fruits in layers in the Mason jar. And really, every mix is possible : add your favorite nuts, dry fruits, granola, a little bit of juice, proteins, etc. EVERYTHING works !