When in San Francisco, I had the chance to visit the Airbnb HQ, which was located not too far from our very own Airbnb rental. To be honest, I just completely fell in love with the place, the people, the design, everything. Since I visited the place, I am torn between blogging and working for this too-good-to-be-true company. It was definitely the highlight from my trip and I am planning on sneaking in next time I am in town to eat at the cafeteria again (but don’t tell anyone!).
Here are a few fun facts I learned from my visit:
- When you work at the HQ, you do not have a desk with your name on it. You can work wherever you want in the position you want (sitting down, standing up, lying down). Just bring your laptop and choose a room!
- Almost every space from the HQ is a replica of an Airbnb room that you can rent, somewhere in the world. A kitchen from Mexico, a living room from Paris, a bedroom from Florida, etc.
- Employees have free snacks, coffee and food all day every day. They even have a Sandwich bar!
- The new logo stands for People + Place + Love + Airbnb.
- Many good looking people are working at Airbnb (that one is completely useless and subjective, but still).
- Portraits of the best Airbnb hosts are everywhere in the Head Quarters, like a olympic wall of fame of hosting.
- People actually have meetings in that Local Ops Clubhouse (see photo).
- Erin (our cute tour guide) said she could work from home, but she doesn’t want to because the HQ is just way too nice.
- They serve organic food everyday except Sunday in the cafeteria. I ate there and it was delicious (Kale!).
- My friend Stephanie cried a little because she didn’t want to leave the place (and because they have a huge orange juice machine).
Thank you so much Airbnb for having us!
All pictures by me (click on them to see them full size!)