Here I am, not being at New York fashion week this year and dying a little. Why am I not in the big Apple? Well, I wasn’t completely down with paying 350$ a night for a hotel room and I had work to do, since I am a normal person. Anyhow, I went last year, completely loved it and I am now struggling over all of these streetstyle, blogposts and tweets with the #NYFW. In between two texts with my friend (“omg look at this pic, why aren’t we there”), I thought that I was probably not the only one who was feeling the FOMOFW (fear of missing out fashion week). Therefore, here are some tips to forget you are here and not there:
- Look at Insta only once a day. Instagram is where I see more pics of the events and shows I was suppose to attend, so do look at your phone too often.
- Watch the shows online. It’s free, pretty and fun. You can even eat popcorn while front row peeps can’t.
- Plan your next escape. It is only a motivator for me to work harder and maybe get to go next year.
- Tell yourself it’s no big deal. Because really, it’s not. It may be sad, but you still can live it through Vogue.com
- Watch “the city” or “Sex and the city”. It is like you are there, almost.
Don’t get me wrong, I know FOMOFW is not a first world problem, but still, I am sure some of you would want to hang with Pharell at his fashion preview too!
Pic by Me at Festival Mode & Design