Los Angeles has quickly become one of my favorite place to travel, take a little vacation or simply hang out. I know I’ve said this countless times, but the first time I visited the place, I didn’t enjoy it. I felt like everything was way too spread out, that you couldn’t just “discover” the city by walking and chilling around. Still, my friend told me to give it time and he was right. I now go back every year to soak up the energy and go back to freezing Montreal afterwards.
Since I’ve been to the city a few times now, people have started to ask me about my recommendations. Where it is that I like to eat in LA, go out or hang out. Since a video is worth more than text (in my opinion), I decided to vlog my latest trip there and share it here, with you guys.
Here are the places I visited/enjoyed in this video, in order of appearance. Take notes, because these restaurants/bars are unique, fun and non-touristy.
- Brunch: Sage Vegan Bistro in Silverlake. Take the Acai bowl. You’re welcome.
- Thrifting: Every thrift shop in Silverlake is gold. I also recommend the flea market on Sundays.
- Dinner and drinks: Café Stella. I make sure I hop there every time I am in Los Angeles. Everyone there is stylish, looks like a model and works in film. Why? No idea. The food is a little expensive but really worth it.
- Going out: Lock and keys. Eat the peanut butter and jelly sandwich and good luck going in (you have to find your way in by yourself).
- Happy Hour: Kettle Black in Silverlake. Very cute place, great staff and cocktails are A1.
- Korean Barbecue: Anywhere in KTOWN. Really.
I will be posting part 2 tomorrow with other recos from my recent trip. Let me know if you have any questions about these spots, and if you would like me to create a more detailed guide.