October has arrived and cooler mornings mean it’s time to cook some cozy breakfast recipes. These buckwheat waffles will motivate you to get out of bed this fall. They are simply divine topped with maple syrup and fresh blueberries. Hurry up and head to the farmers market, it’s your last chance to purchase Quebec wild blueberries!
Yield: 4 portions
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 mashed banana
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 large eggs, separated
A pinch of salt
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- In a bowl, place the flours and baking powder.
- Add the mashed banana, yogurt, maple syrup and egg yolks and mix to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into the waffle mixture.
- Lightly grease the waffle maker and cook the batter 1 cup at a time, until waffles are cooked and golden.
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh blueberries